Sunday, 13 September 2015

Good Bad or Ugly

Well good bad or ugly I have uploaded my Assessment 2.

Then it all went down hill from there!

Decided to go to the local RSL for dinner, only to be approached by two of the local constabulary! Needless to say, I was extremely worried!

They walked up to me and asked 'Carmen?'. 'Yes', I responded.

'The fire department have broken into your house, and are there now'.

Now I am really freaking out, as I know the dog is still in the house. Race out and jump in the car to race home - I do not care about the house as it and everything in it is insured, a necessary expense. Arrive home after 2 loooong minutes (Biloela is a small town :) ), unlock and race through the back door and run through to the front, to find a fire truck, police and ambulance out the front.

'Where's the dog, where's the dog' I yell. One of the neighbours comes up to me to let me know her son has the dog.

So, so privileged to live in a small community where everyone watches out for each other.

The dog was fine. One of the Ambo's kicked in the front door, with difficulty, as the house frames and doors are solid hardwood, and rescued the dog (Snot) and they gave her some oxygen as the house was filled with smoke.

One of the neighbours heard the smoke alarm and called 000.

Moral of the story, do not change your mind about going out for dinner and forget that you have left a pot of eggs boiling on the stove top. It creates REALLY SMELLY smoke throughout your house. And it also pays to invest in and check your smoke alarms!

Lets see if next week finishes a little quieter so that I can finish my SPA 3.

1 comment: