Thursday, 3 March 2016

Almost a new semester - AGAIN!

So this semester, starting Monday 7th March, I have three writing courses, Writing 1, Creative Non-Fiction and Journalism Intro.

Have read through the profiles and no exams for the semester, so that is a plus!

Judging by the feedback on last semesters Assignments, it appears I may have mastered the art of referencing, and also learnt that the further into the subject matter we all get, the more we are expected to include multiple references per paragraph. This is fine by me as I appear to be able to include at least a total of 20 references per essay, which equates to approximately four (4) per paragraph.

I have also realised that, although it may have been preferable to contain my notes in written form in the past, it is much easier to review, and organise the information, when it has been typed and stored on the laptop.

First few of things I need to do for next semester, within the first couple of weeks anyway, is to choose a couple of reporters to review, create two proposals for both the creative fiction and non-fiction courses, and describe my writing space. What to say - it contains a desk, printer, folders, books, laptop, lots of pens and paper. Now to make that a little more descriptive :)

I have also learnt that the struggles I have gone through in the last few months are proving to be a valuable source of information to others that are just beginning their Uni journey.

Good luck to all and happy learning!.

No comments:

Post a Comment